(bag-fluff) – The iMessage app is one of the most used apps on iPhone and it is a repository of valuable information. Your iMessage app probably contains important messages from friends, relatives, co-workers, and other sources. If you accidentally delete your message, you may be wondering how to retrieve text messages on iPhone.
You may need to retrieve text messages in many scenarios. Maybe you accidentally deleted important messages, accidentally lost all text conversations after an iOS update, or you restored or jailbroken your iPhone, causing some messages to be lost. Whether you have a backup or not, you have several options to retrieve text messages on iPhone.
This article provides an overview of the multiple methods to retrieve text messages on iPhones†
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone with Backup?
iPhone provides numerous methods to backup your messages. You can back up your messages to iTunes and iCloud, and you can even create a manual backup plan. If you have iTunes or iCloud backup, you can use the official methods to retrieve the entire backup file. However, iCloud and iTunes backups are compilations of all your backups, so you can’t individually view and select specific messages to retrieve. You need to restore the entire backup file – all or nothing.
Below we describe how to: delete deleted text messages on iphone Use iTunes backups or iCloud backups.
Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone with iTunes Backup:
- Access to iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Go to Summary > Restore Backup.
- Select the backup file you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone with iCloud Backup:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode to start the reset process, which will delete all existing data.
- Wait for your iPhone to be factory reset.
- Completely reset your iPhone, including language, country, and more.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Go to the App & Data screen.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Enter your iCloud information.
- Select the iCloud backup you want to restore.
Disadvantages of Using iTunes and iCloud Backups
- No examples: iCloud and iTunes back up all data on your iPhone at certain intervals. They don’t just back up the messages; they backup the photos, contacts and all other details. There is no way to preview the contents of the backup, so you have to trust that the backup you retrieve contains all the information you need.
- Not selective: iCloud and iTunes backups are not selective. You need to download all the content that has been backed up before including the contacts, videos, photos, messages, apps and much more. You cannot just select specific messages to retrieve.
- reset iPhone: iCloud and iTunes backups require a factory reset of your iPhone. You need to factory reset your iPhone, then the backup file can be restored. That means you will lose all data collected after the last backup file period. In an attempt to retrieve an old message, you may lose other important messages.
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Backup?
As mentioned before, retrieving messages from iCloud and iTunes backups can be a big challenge. You need to factory reset your iPhone, delete all existing data and overwrite the data from a previously created backup file. You cannot view the backup files or select the desired files individually. Furthermore, you may not be backing up your files regularly so you don’t have an iTunes or iCloud backup to restore in the first place.
PhoneRescue for iOS is the most comprehensive iPhone and iOS data recovery tool available on the market. It is a reliable app that allows you to recover 100% of data in a few simple clicks. You can view your deleted messages and retrieve only the messages you want without having to factory reset your iPhone. As such, PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to recover old and lost messages without suffering new data loss.
Below we will show you how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without backup with PhoneRescue for iOS.
Retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without backup with PhoneRescue for iOS:
- Select “Recover from iOS Device” and tap Next.
- Select “Messages” from the list of data types.
- The app will scan your iPhone and display all your deleted messages.
- You can read the messages and select the messages you want to recover.
- Tap the “To Computer” or “To Device” buttons to send the messages to your computer or phone.
Benefits of using PhoneRescue for iOS
- Retrieve messages without backup: PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to get back all your lost or deleted messages without backup. Even if you forget to back up the files on your iTunes or iCloud, you can still find the messages.
- Preview and select messages to recover: PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to preview the deleted messages and recover only the messages you want to retrieve. You don’t need to forcibly retrieve your photos, contacts and other data types.
- Simple, easy-to-use app: PhoneRescue for iOS is an extremely simple and easy-to-use app that can be used and operated by anyone without professional help.
- No risk of data loss: PhoneRescue for iOS does not require a factory reset of the iPhone. You also don’t need to overwrite your existing data or scrub your iPhone’s memory. You can get the lost messages back without risking additional data loss.
- Supports all iPhones: PhoneRescue for iOS works on all iPhones and iOS 15, making it suitable for most iPhone users. It is an extremely versatile data recovery app.
PhoneRescue for iOS is the leading third-party data recovery app. If you are concerned about your missing messages and don’t want to risk losing additional data, we recommend that you try this data recovery solution.