Meghan Markle’s half-brother has lashed out at her and Harry, saying they should “stay out of politics.”
Thomas Markle Jr, 56, also criticized Meghan for not contacting their father after he suffered a stroke in May, forcing him to stay in hospital for five days.
Their father, Thomas Markle Sr, 77, lost his speech during the stroke and is still recovering.
He made his first public appearance since then in an exclusive video on GB News while host Dan Wooton Thomas Jr.
Thomas Jr was optimistic about his father’s condition and said he was making strong progress in restoring his speech.
He said, ‘Daddy is doing great. There is a lot of work to do, but every day is just another milestone progression… in the right direction, which is ultimately recovery from everything. He’s doing great.’
When asked if half-sister Meghan had been in touch about their father’s condition, Thomas Jr replied, “Not at all, nothing at all. Absolute zero.
Dan Wooton (left) interviewed Thoms Markle Jr on his show on GB News on Monday
Thomas Jr said Harry and Meghan ‘should stick to saving chickens in Motecito and stay out of politics’
‘What can we expect at this point? She didn’t call before the first heart attack or stroke – why would she call now?
“Obviously they’re just doing other things — other things that they necessarily consider more important than their father.
“It’s a mystery—it’s always bothering him, but he’ll get through it.”
Harry and Meghan have now lived in their £11 million mansion in Montecito, California since relinquishing their royal duties in 2020.
Thomas Jr mocked Harry’s extensive Nelson Mandela Day speech at the United Nations, in which he talked about climate change, the overthrow of Roe v Wade in the US and the invasion of Ukraine.
Thomas Jr said, “You go to a memorial to Mandela in the UN building, that’s an open invitation to everyone in the general public and then you start talking about world peace and politics, which has nothing to do with anything there at the time.” has.
“The Sussexes must stick to saving chickens in Motecito and stay out of politics.”
On his first appearance since his damaging stroke, Meghan Markle’s father thanked the British public for their support.
In the video, Mr. Markle can be seen sitting at a table overlooking a breezy beach. He is holding a whiteboard and a pen and holding the board in front of the camera.
The sign reads ‘Hello Dan, thank you and the British people for best wishes and good will’.
The retired Hollywood lighting director suffered a stroke on May 23 and spent five days in the hospital.
He fell while shopping and had to be helped to his feet several days before being admitted to hospital.
After his resignation, he said: ‘I am extremely grateful and know how lucky I am to be alive.
“I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.
“I am deeply moved by the loving messages I have received from all over the world. People have been so nice. I can’t speak right now, but I work hard and will sincerely thank people if I can.’
Markle had planned to fly to the UK in June to celebrate the Queen’s platinum anniversary, but the stroke, which left him with limited speech ability, ruined the trip.
Thomas Markle, 77, appeared in the video above a windswept beach in his first public appearance since his stroke in May
Markle thanked presenter Dan Wooton and the British public for their ‘best wishes and goodwill’
Thomas Markle was rushed to hospital after a stroke – he was in hospital for five days and lost his speech
Writing on a whiteboard in a felt-tip pen, he said, “I wanted to come and pay my respects to the Queen. I wish her a happy anniversary and many more years to come.’
The severe stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of Mr. Markle’s brain.
He was rushed to a hospital near his home in Rosarito, Mexico, before being transferred by ambulance to the US border, where an ambulance was waiting to take him to a hospital in San Diego, California.
He has been in an intensive care unit all week and has made “remarkable progress,” according to a doctor.
Leaving the California hospital, he was able to speak a few words, but must face what he calls “an uphill battle” to regain his ability to speak.
“I have a lot of hard work to do and will do it,” he wrote. ‘I want to get better. I am so lucky to have had great care and love. Thanks everyone.’
Markle was cared for by his 56-year-old son, Thomas Jr, who drove 11 hours through the night to be with his stricken father.
“I was visiting my son and his family in Oregon when I got the call,” Thomas Jr said at the time.
“I will be there for Dad and do everything to help him on his road to recovery. It was a terrible shock to everyone, but Daddy is a strong man and he is determined to get better.
‘He is already working with a speech therapist and is making great progress. We have received hundreds of messages of support for him from people all over the world.
“We are so thankful for the outpouring of love for Dad. I’ll be there for him as long as it takes.’
Markle’s daughter Samantha previously said he may need a year of therapy to restore his speech after being struck by the stroke.
His family had been concerned about his high blood pressure for some time before he fell ill, even losing the ability to tell paramedics what was wrong with him.
The 77-year-old had to write down his symptoms on a piece of paper.
Markle was forced to miss his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry in 2018 after suffering two heart attacks a few days earlier.
Dan Wootton Tonight airs Monday through Thursday at 9pm on GB News.