Ronaldo ‘surprised’ by new Man Utd plan; Everton wants Dele Alli. axe

Manchester United have a cunning plan that has taken Ronaldo by surprise, while Dele Alli looks poised for another low…

RONALDO ‘SURPRISE’
Manchester United have come up with a cunning plan from Cristiano Ronaldo. It has become clear to them, like the rest of us, that Ronaldo is not going to play for a team that is not in the Champions League.

The striker has still not returned to United’s training, as his agent Jorge Mendes has knocked on the door of the club to find an option for him next year. Atletico Madrid seems the most likely (only) admirer and The times claim they have put Antoine Griezmann is up for sale to pave the way for the 37-year-old’s arrival at the Wanda Metropolitano.

And Mirror clam United would be willing to let Ronaldo leave for Atletico this season, but only on loan, and only if the Portugal international agrees to extend his contract for another year so that he can return to Old Trafford next year for one last swan song, hopefully in the Champions League.

It is an offer that is said to be ‘surprised Mendes and Ronaldo” and has not been turned down so far.

United’s preference is still for Ronaldo to stay this season, but it is said there is now a recognition that “it would be difficult and potentially disruptive to ten Hag’s plans to keep an unlucky Ronaldo.”

DELE AX
Everton are ready to sell Dele Alli and absolutely no one saw that coming.

The 26-year-old joined Tottenham’s Toffees in January, playing just 11 games in six months at Goodison Park.

Dele arrived with an initial free transfer, with Everton paying Spurs a lot of money depending on how many games the midfielder played.

And The sun claim Frank Lampard is ready to cut his losses before any of those potential add-ons kick in.

Dele is one of the players Everton is looking to move forward as the club tries to cut costs and give Lampard a team better equipped for the Premier League.

MARC LAUGH
Brighton have strengthened their stance on Marc Cucurella and will not budge on their £50m valuation.

The seagulls considered Manchester City open £30 million bid for left-backmade on Thursday, as ‘laughable’, according to the athletic.

The club has rejected media claims that Cucurella is unhappy or troubled by their attitude, with the 24-year-old saying that “his usual smiling and cheerful self in training’ on Friday.

Cucurella is only on a five-year contract after his £15million move from Getafe last summer and Brighton is said to believe it is ‘highly unlikely’ that City will meet their £50million demand.

Leave a Comment