Deadline: September 15, 2022
Applications are open to The Ford Motor Company Fund and Watson Institute Fully Funded Fellowship Program (16 week program from October 17, 2022 to February 24, 2023). This program equips next-generation entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and experience to scale the impactful businesses they build.
Ford Fund Fellows learn advanced entrepreneurship and leadership skills, have the opportunity to earn seed capital, gain experience and build a global network, while laying the groundwork to empower many more individuals and transform their communities .
This program provides virtual and in-person components that allow fellows to take advantage of the global cohort and also focus on creating local impact within their communities. Virtual Programming includes courses with successful entrepreneurs and skills workshops. Personal programming includes peer-led base camps and peer-led meetups.
Up to $6,000 in seed funding is available to select Fellows, based on comprehensive program achievement, progress, and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- The Fellowship begins with a 2-week intensive Accelerator that focuses on:
- building community: Community is one of the pillars of the Ford Fund Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations and foster their growth and impact as leaders in their communities.
- Skills Development: Including fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity and leadership. Ford Fund Fellows are guided through the process of overcoming the key challenges they face in the process of becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Base Camp Training: Each Ford Fund Fellow is trained and receives an allowance and logistical support to conduct a three-day training course (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 25 additional entrepreneurial leaders.
- After the 2-week Accelerator, the 14-week Fellowship begins
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship, Ford Fund Fellows participate in a high-profile Summit event to share their progress and impact with a global audience.
- $25,000 in seed capital will be distributed to the Ford Fund Fellows based on progress and impact across the Fellowship.
- Ford Fund Fellows receive a stipend and spend an additional 80-100 hours implementing a three-day intensive program called Basecamp.
This is for advanced next-generation entrepreneurs building impactful enterprises that create scalable innovations. Ideal applicants will demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership in their communities.
- They are looking for candidates from United States, China, Mexico, South Africaand Argentina with companies in the “Product Fit” or “Scaling” phase.
- Ford Fund applicants must be able to commit to participate in the 16-week program from October 17, 2022 to February 24, 2023. There will be 2 weeks of intensive training (20-25 hours per week), followed by 14 weeks of weekly programming (5-8 hours per week).
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 5 short essay questions.
- Your application will be assessed: Applications will be assessed within 2 weeks of submission. Applications are accepted and assessed on a rolling basis. The last application deadline is 15 Sept.
- You are invited for an interview: Candidates making progress in the process will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview.
- Enrollment Process: We will send the final admission decision and the enrollment agreement within 2 weeks of the interview.
Click here to apply.
For more information visit Watson.