The weekend has finally arrived, along with a brand new Wordle puzzle for Saturday, April 23. Recent Wordle puzzles have been pretty tricky, though anyone using Express Online’s spoiler-free hints should have quite a long win streak. If you do indeed need help with today’s brain teaser, head to the bottom of the page for Wordle 308 hints. Good luck!
Wordle instructs players to find a five-letter word in just six attempts. Sounds simple, but it can be a lot harder than you think.
If you want to solve those Wordle puzzles, pay close attention to the color of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns gray, the letter will not appear in the word you guess. If the tile turns yellow, the guessed letter is in the word, just not in the right place. When the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your stats and shows the number of correct answers you have achieved as well as your winning streak.
If you can’t solve the puzzle, you have to wait until the next day before a new Wordle comes out. You also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific tips for Wordle 308 on April 23…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try using a few vowels on your first guess, especially ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters like ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later, when you know better what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a good second guess.
• Check out Express Online’s daily tips below…
Wordle 308 hints and clues for April 23…
1. Wordle 308 starts with the letter O.
2. Wordle 308 contains no fewer than three vowels.
3. Popeye fans should have these.